Frozen Fruit-sicles

>> Monday, September 6, 2010

A few months ago I bought a set of popsicle molds from the Target dollar spot thinking it would be a fun activity/treat for my little boy. Then of course I pretty much forgot about them, and never used them until I saw this challenge at Fun on a Dime.

So a couple of weeks ago we broke out the molds, our blender, and some fresh fruit and milk. I believe our concoction consisted of some milk, a banana and a half (you can see my little boy eating the other half, below!), a peach or two, and what little we managed to get out of a mango that we had a hard time cutting open. We are inexperienced in the mango department. Just look at the look on my husband's face... I'm pretty sure he was saying, "What am I supposed to do with this?"


We poured our smoothie mixture into the molds, and put them in the freezer to enjoy the next day.


We ran a little water on the outside of the molds to loosen the popsicles up enough to get them out, and enjoyed! I kind of like this next picture. Not so much the up-the-nose shot of me (I used to be notorious for that one), but the fact that my little boy seems to be lovingly looking at me and thinking, "My mom is so cool!".

I'll tell you what these popsicles are really useful for. The post-nap, pre-dinner snack. Works out great... He thinks he is getting a treat, while I know he's really having something healthy. And everyone's happy!

3 comments:

Shelby Bingham September 7, 2010 at 11:32 AM  

Thanks for the reminder about the homemade popsicles -- I haven't done it smoothy-style, but my Tommy loves his smoothies. Great idea for after-nap before dinnertime! And congrats on the new baby news! :)

Nicole September 7, 2010 at 12:24 PM  

That's such a great idea for the after-nap snack - and his mom really is so cool!!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP