Kneader's French Toast recipe!

>> Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Kneader's french toast is delicious. If you've had it I'm sure you'd agree.

My first experience eating it was while my husband and I were dating. I was working a couple of on-campus custodial jobs that summer, and since I didn't have a car my then-boyfriend would come pick me up and take me to work in the mornings (he also made my lunches for me a lot of days! What a sweetie!)

Well, one day he told me he was going to bring me breakfast before he took me to work. This is what he brought:

So, other than being honestly the best breakfast item I have ever eaten, I guess it holds a little sentimental value for me, since it reminds me of all the nice things my husband has done for me!

A year or two ago, I was on a quest to make french toast that tasted like Kneader's delicious chunky cinnamon french toast...I didn't get very far. I knew it was made with cinnamon bread, so I tried a couple different cinnamon bread recipes... Didn't work so great.

Today, on a whim, I decided to google "kneaders french toast recipe" since I realized I had never actually done that before... I didn't find a cinnamon bread recipe, BUT I did find the recipe for the rest of the french toast AND the caramel syrup!! So I may just have to start experimenting with cinnamon bread recipes again! This would be especially wonderful, since I live nowhere near a Kneader's anymore!

Here's what I found.

This luscious French Toast recipe remains unrivaled! This recipe was originally demonstrated on Good Things Utah May 9, 2005 and is being reposted to the website so everyone can find it again.

Ingredients:

Kneader’s Over-Night French Toast
1 loaf Kneaders Chunky Cinnamon Bread cut in 8 slices
8 eggs
3 c. milk
1 T. brown sugar
3/4 tsp. salt
1 T. vanilla
2 T. butter

Preparation:

Butter a glass baking dish generously (9" x 13"). Place the bread flat in the baking dish. Mix all remaining ingredients, reserving the butter and pour over the bread. Cut butter into pieces and dot over the top. Refrigerate over night or at least 1 hour. Bake 45 - 50 minutes at 350 degrees. Serves 8

Kneader's Carmel Syrup
1 c. Brown sugar
1 c. Creme
1 c. Light Karo Syrup
Blend together and heat on stovetop until sugar is smooth.
Serve warm.

From the Ovens at Kneaders

4 comments:

alyssa February 3, 2010 at 3:58 PM  

I LOVE Kneaders french toast. I am totally going to have to try this! Thanks!

Nessa February 8, 2010 at 7:20 AM  

Ummm...that looks YUMMMY!!!!

All ~N~ The Family February 8, 2010 at 3:24 PM  

I am going to try to make this for Valentines Breakfast before church... I am so excited I found a recipe for kneaders bread from scratch I don't know if I am going to try my hand at this or just find some good cinnamon bread at a bakery... I am excited!

Shandra December 21, 2010 at 12:58 PM  

It is an awesome recipe, huh? If you need the cinnamon bread recipe, I have posted it on my blog www.dealstomeals.blogspot.com--just in case you are still on the look out :)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP