Friday Faves

>> Thursday, August 13, 2009

I found several goodies this week!

First off, I'll start with a couple of blogs I stumbled across that I LOVE.

U Create

The first is U Create. Or Ucreate. I'm not sure if there's a space or not, but either way, this is a really fun blog! Lots and lots and lots of project inspiration, craft ideas, etc. She features her favorite ideas from a ton of different blogs, so it's like finding the best of the best projects, all in one place. LOVE IT. Here's a link to her post about felt food tutorials. Yummy!

My other new favorite is A Penny Saved. I honestly think I read almost every post she has written when I found her blog. I just couldn't stop; she has such good stuff on there! She's lived in and fixed up a few different houses in the last few years, and she does it all inexpensively! That's my kind of girl! This post about making roman shades out of mini blinds is one of my favorites!

Another blog I found this week is Cluck Cluck Sew. I didn't look through the entire site, but I did spend a while looking at the "My Finished Quilts" link.... Ahhhh...I am inspired. Seriously. After looking at this blog I've decided I want to make twin sized quilts for each of my kids for their 2nd birthdays (for moving up to big kid beds!). Not to mention baby blankets! I was also really interested in the quilts because my BFF is coming to visit in a few weeks and I think we're going to start a quilt that's she's making for her soon-to-be-fiance's birthday. We may do something similar to this:

Go check this quilt and all of her others out!

Here are some more of my favorites this week:

Clothespin frame @ A Thousand Words. How clever! You could do this as a recipe card holder in the kitchen! Love.

Felt mustache @ Little Birdie Secrets. This is an old post, but I found it again this week, and thought it was super fun!

Felt food Flickr Group
, because apperently I'm on a felt jag this week!

4 comments:

Tarmy August 20, 2009 at 7:20 AM  

Fun stuff! I wondered if you ever look at sew mama sew. I saw this today and it reminded me of your felt food comment.
check it out...
http://sewmamasew.com/blog2/?p=899

Britt August 27, 2009 at 3:00 PM  

Thanks so much for featuring my roman shades post! I'm a little slow making the rounds and checking out all my fav. blogs - sorry! Your office chair re-do looks great!

Ali Mae September 2, 2009 at 9:44 AM  

Okay, I'm going to try at least two of those :D. BTW, your button for "we are that family" somehow got an "l" at the end of .com, so it doesn't work, just thought I'd let you know ;D.

Elizabeth September 2, 2009 at 7:21 PM  

Thanks Ali Mae! I fixed it. :)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP