Hand-stamped goodness.

>> Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Thursday night Bitty and I spent the night at my sister's house while both of our husbands were out of town! That's always fun. We've done it a couple of times now, and it's fun to watch a totally girly movie and just hang out.

On Friday we decided to finally finish the necklace I made her for her birthday (and the one I made myself!) I got a set of metal alphabet stamps for Christmas, so we stamped some cute brass tags to go with the big turquoise beads and chunky chains.

Here we are sporting our cute necklaces. Pardon my unkempt appearance please!


Some close ups. On my sister's (the circle) I stamped the first initial of each of her children. We were careful, and marked with a pencil where we wanted each letter, etc.

With mine...um, I wasn't quite as careful...oops! Oh well, I guess it's just got more of a home-made "rustic" look to it :) It was the first time I've stamped a plus sign or equals sign, so it was kind a of trial and a lot of error. I like it anyway!


Friday night I ordered my fabric from Around the Block Quilters Shop, and it got here Monday morning! Talk about speedy! And look how great it looks in person!

I should order things online more often...it's so fun to get a package in the mail!

3 comments:

Kimberly February 23, 2010 at 2:56 PM  

those turned out sooo cute! i love how crafty and creative you and your sister are! why cant you both move back down here to help me become crafty and creative??? :)

alyssa February 23, 2010 at 3:27 PM  

I love getting packages in the mail! That quilt is going to be SO cute! And those necklaces are awesome, I love them! You're so creative.

Anonymous,  February 23, 2010 at 6:23 PM  

Love the necklaces! that's a cute idea. and the fabric is gorgeous. i want some now.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP