Friday Faves: Nester and Knock-Off

>> Friday, February 12, 2010

About a year ago, I was looking at my sister's blog and noticed a link to a few blogs I'd never heard of. At that point I really had no idea that home decor and craft blogs existed. The blog that I looked at and got totally hooked on was the Nesting Place.

Nesting Place

I read it, oh, every day, and today she is re-posting her 10 Minutes to a Room You'll Love series. This was originally posted last year when I stumbled onto her blog in the first place. I really love this series, so it was fun to read it. If you haven't read it you should! It's about simple changes you can make that will help you love the rooms of your house!

A blog I came across a couple of months ago that I like is called Knock-Off Wood.

Knock Off Wood

It's this woman who builds furniture...and she teaches you how with very detailed plans. But it's not just any furniture...it's knock-off's of wonderful, ridiculously expensive places like Pottery Barn.

I haven't built anything...yet. But I just realized that I would LOVE to build a bunch of bookshelves for wherever we move to this summer! Who knows if THAT'll ever happen...but a girl can dream!

1 comments:

Caroline February 12, 2010 at 8:17 PM  

Come use my saw...it will be a building party :)

I seriously love my homemade furniture! They aren't perfect, but they are cheap, sturdy and functional.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP