Halloween Preview!

>> Friday, October 29, 2010

Okay, I apologize for the poor quality of the picture (sent it to my email from my phone!) and the rushed manner of this post, but I just wanted to take a minute (literally) and post about the homemade Woody costume I made for my 2-year-old boy this year!

It was touch and go there for a bit, but I think it came together so cute! I can't wait for him to put it on this afternoon for our first of 3 Halloween parties we'll be going to today and tomorrow! What do you think?

The sheriff badge, belt buckle, holster and boots are all made from craft foam (either hot glued or stapled together...let's hope it all lasts till tomorrow!). For the boots I just made two cylinders and cut the V shape int he front. He'll wear his brown tennis shoes, and just slip the "boots" over his pants. I made the vest out of white fabric I painted cow spots onto. The shirt I made by painting the plaid and buttons on with some of that fabric paint with the skinny tip.

My husband and I are going to be Slinky Dog! Still throwing that one together though! I'll try and post a picture of that tomorrow.

I'm linking this post up to Fun on A Dime's October Fun Challenge!

6 comments:

Madame Coin October 29, 2010 at 1:00 PM  

Too clever! I love the painted lines and buttons on the shirt, that was genius.

Caroline October 29, 2010 at 8:06 PM  

Fun stuff! I bet he'll love it. I want to see your costume too!

Sharla October 30, 2010 at 7:51 AM  

That's awesome! Way to go.

Jessie November 3, 2010 at 1:43 PM  

This is awesome! I love it! Way to go.

Michelle {Fun On a Dime} November 7, 2010 at 7:59 PM  

I didn't get a chance to tell you, yet, how awesome I think this costume is! It turned out really cute and I love the idea of the craft paint to make the plaid shirt! I'm looking forward to seeing your slinky costume!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP