Cleaning Tip: non-slip bathmat

>> Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I have one of these suction non-slip bathmats in Bitty's tub. Because when he takes a bath without it he's sliding all over the place... I guess he's just a slippery boy.
While I was cleaning his tub out this week, I noticed that the underside of it was looking a little iffy. Like it needed a good cleaning, you know.

So, I used the big scrub brush I use on the tubs and scrubbed at it for a little while before I figured out that I was doing things the hard way. So...

I decided the best and easiest thing to do would be to put it in the washing machine. So I did. I put the mat in, poured in a swig of regular liquid bleach, and set the water temperature to warm/hot.

It came out looking seriously as good as new! Don't you love when the BEST solution is also the EASIEST solution?

I know this is so simple that anyone would probably think of it, so I apologize if I'm insulting anyone's intelligence by posting this. Just sayin'...maybe you should go see if your rubber bathmat could use a spin in the washing machine!

Join the party:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP