Camera

>> Wednesday, May 20, 2009

So this is my first "Questions & Suggestions" post. Here is the question:

As I mentioned before, I am slowly saving up for a new camera. In a perfect world, I would like to get a fancy SLR and learn how to take great pictures with it. I know they are super pricey though. So, I am wondering, what kind of camera should I get? I'm not ruling out an SLR, but it'll be a LOOOOONG time until I can get one. Is it worth it? How much would I really be looking at spending to get something good? What kind of camera do you have? Do you like it?

Please leave your comments with your thoughts on the topic.

Also, if you have any questions that you would like me to ask of the readers of this blog, just shoot me an email.

Tomorrow I'm leaving for a family quilt camp with some of the girls in my husband's family! I think it'll be pretty fun! I'll be gone until Monday night, so probably no posts until Tuesday! I'll let you know how it goes!

5 comments:

Nicole May 21, 2009 at 12:09 PM  

I would get a digital SLR, they are so awesome... I'm not speaking from experience though. -- Timothy

Alyssa May 21, 2009 at 7:57 PM  

I have a Sony DSLR and I love it so far! I am not sure how Sonys compare to Nikons or Canons but those two are way more common. If you do save up for one, I would learn how to use the manual mode and about aperture and shutter speed and stuff. It's so much fun!

Ali Mae May 29, 2009 at 5:56 AM  

DSLR is nice--I have a Canon XSi and I love it (it has live view mode in some settings, just not auto :P)

Since plenty of people will tell you the pros (and there are plenty of them), I'll let you know a few of the cons.

They are getting smaller, but they are still big. I feel silly taking it out in public sometimes--and I'm always worried that it will get lost or stolen.

It can take pictures quickly, but other cameras have functions that also allow for quick frames.

I have a friend that has a Canon Powershot (and I had one, but it is really old and not as good). She takes better pictures than me, hands down. She took a photography class and actually LEARNED how to use her camera. If you know all about ISO and whitebalance and aperature, etc. A point-and-shoot would take fantastic pictures :D

Whatever you get, I would buy it online--we got a ton of extras (like a 16 GB card) from an ebay merchant for 200 dollars less than we would have paid at a store. Just beware of the SUPER cheap ones--they don't always come with a battery, and then the battery costs like 200 dollars.

Alright--there's me flapping my gums--hope that helps a bit.

Elizabeth May 29, 2009 at 8:43 AM  

Thanks for the info Ali Mae! That helps a lot! Still not sure what I'm going to do...That's okay, because I still have a lot of money to save up before I can get something nice! My real goal is to be able to take good pictures of my kids without having to pay a professional... Anyway, thanks!

Lindsay February 13, 2010 at 5:30 PM  

Have you bought a new camera yet? If so, what did you decide on?

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP