Hooray for Quilt Camp!

>> Thursday, May 28, 2009

One of the blogs I read is The Inspired Room. Each Friday this year she has been focusing on living a beautiful life.

Here are a few things I did last weekend to live a beautiful life:
Learned something new...

Spent some quality time with some of my in-laws...
Was surrounded by the beauty of nature...
Created something beautiful...
And I did all of these things in one place...QUILT CAMP!

My husband's Aunt Christine has an AWESOME quilt shop. It's called Around the Block Quilters Shop. It is mostly an online store, but if you are ever in the St. Louis area you HAVE to go check it out in person! It's located in O'Fallon, Illinois in the basement of her house, and boy is it beautiful. Take a look:She's got tons of beautiful quality fabric, and the long arm quilting machine shown in the first picture in this post. She lets people rent time on her machine, which I would totally take advantage of if I lived near her! There are also some really cute quilt patterns in her shop.

If I were to recommend one thing you could get from her shop it would be a Dew Drop kit. It's a small round (for boys, or shaped like a flower for girls!) quilt that you can put on the floor (or where ever) for the baby to play on. My husband's grandma made one for our baby boy, and we have used it multiple times per day for months! I love it!

Chris was the mastermind behind Quilt Camp, and it was so fun getting to know her and learn from all of her quilting expertise! She picked different quilt patterns for each of us to make, and we all used the same cute fabric line, Objects of Desire. Here's what we started with:

And here are the finished products!

It was such a fun trip! All we did was eat (a lot!), sleep (very little!), and SEW! And we loved every minute of it!

Go check out Around the Block Quilters Shop and Chris's blog Sew and Sew's Mom. She has a couple of FREE quilt patterns that are really cute on the blog. I love this one with cute Charm Bracelet fabric:

7 comments:

Daly Essentials May 29, 2009 at 11:05 AM  

Quilt Camp looks like so much fun!! I'm glad you enjoyed it!!

mom May 29, 2009 at 12:13 PM  

It looked like great fun! I can't wait to see your quilt in person.

Jen May 30, 2009 at 7:20 AM  

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love your sewing talents and your chore management. I am putting your blog in my reader :)

Alyssa May 30, 2009 at 12:41 PM  

Your quilt looks great! All of them do!

Nessa May 31, 2009 at 5:13 PM  

So fun! Love your bedroom 'TADA's' also...you are very talented-thats why they put you in an enrichment calling!!! Cute blog!

Vanessa Brammer

Caroline May 31, 2009 at 7:44 PM  

Glad to see the baby bjorn comes in handy. :) Your quilt looks loverly.

Shelby Bingham June 1, 2009 at 12:34 PM  

Didn't know you loved quilting! I love it too -- although I am still a newbie at it. When you come to Beaumont, let me know so I can see your stuff and we can talk sewing! :) Cute blog!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP