Lampapalooza!

>> Thursday, May 28, 2009


One of my favorite blogs, Nesting Place, is hosting a Lampapalooza Party today! So naturally, this post is about lamps!

We have an end table that is nestled between our big couch and the wall, on which sits a very cute little table lamp we bought with wedding gift cards at Target a couple of years ago. Because of where the table is, and the size of the couch, etc., our lamp was really too small for the space. You could only see the shade past the couch from most angles in the room.

Coincidentally, it was after I was reading something about "shopping the house" at Nesting Place, that I had a great idea of how to give the lamp a leg up, so to speak. Here is what I did:


One day I just happened to notice that this basket was shaped so that the rim would sit flat against a surface if I turned it upside down. This idea struck me so suddenly that I literally dumped the contents of the basket out on the floor in the baby's room where I found it and ran into the living room to try it out under my lamp. The basket used to be a really tacky orangy colored wicker, but I did a little sprucing with black satin spray paint. The scale is still a little bit small for the space, but for it's a big improvement and it was FREE!

And now I want to show off my other favorite lamps. I got these little cuties from my sister in law and her husband for my birthday this year! I totally had my eye on them and my awesome husband suggested them to her when she asked for an idea of what to get me. Not only are they cute, but I also love that they are only $10 apiece at Ikea!

This picture also shows off the headboard I made out of a thrift store frame.

Now go check out everyone else's lamps at the Lampaplaooza Party at Nesting Place!

7 comments:

The Nester May 28, 2009 at 5:42 AM  

I'm sorry, I cannot focus on your lamps because of that HEADBOARD!!!!

off to go read all about it!

southerninspiration May 28, 2009 at 6:01 AM  

I'm with Nester....gotta go read about that headboard...and clever way to use the basket, btw....

Suzanne

Caroline May 28, 2009 at 6:53 AM  

Your side table looks great! Way to use what you already have!

Elizabeth, The Nester commented on YOUR site. You must be the coolest sister EVER! Love ya!

Crafty Niche May 28, 2009 at 8:11 AM  

The basket idea is neat! Off to read about your headboard as well!

The Stylish House May 28, 2009 at 5:40 PM  

Hi,
Clever way to make your small lamp work better and I like your sleek bedroom lamps. However, I LOVE that headboard it is a total wow! I hope you do a post on it. ~Cathy~

Amanda@Imperfectly Beautiful May 28, 2009 at 6:55 PM  

I love me some IKEA lamps! And I must say that I too am enamored with your fabulous headboard. I'm off to read more...

~Amanda

Ali Mae May 29, 2009 at 6:12 AM  

I had no idea you had a design blog--glad you told me about it :D. I was thinking about making a similar headboard for our room--except I can't find a large enough frame. Good for you.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP