Procrastinate much?

>> Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Would you think I was too much of a dork if I told you that one of the reasons I started this blog was so that I could participate in blog parties? Did you even know there is such a thing as a blog party? I didn't until a couple of months ago, when for better or worse, I became a blog junkie. Seriously. Anyway, if you don't know, a blog party is when someone dedicates a post to a specific theme, and lots of people put links to their blog posts about the same theme on the blog party hostess's post. Clear as mud? Good. Sorry, I'm not great at explaining things.


It is no coincidence that I just happened to FINALLY get this blog started this week. I created the actual blog a couple of months ago, and then did nothing with it. Not a single post.

Then about 2 weeks ago while reading through the daily plethora of blog posts on my google reader, I saw that Melissa at The Inspired Room would be hosting a Procrastinator Party.

Um, hello, it's like she's throwing a party in my honor. I really, really wanted to be part of it, because I've had a HUGE project looming over me for the past, oh...3 months. And when I say it was looming over me, I mean it was creating a bit of chaos in my tiny apartment (and driving my husband crazy!). So I really wanted to get my project done, and link it up to the party, but I didn't want to invite everyone and their dog to view my personal family blog. Sorry. So, I'm killing two birds with one stone... Finally getting this blog up in working order (PLEASE, come back and visit!), and....

FINISHING MY DRESSER!!! So, since working on this blog was one of my procrastination projects, I didn't link my before picture up 2 weeks ago. Sorry if that means I'm technically "crashing" the after photo party... I'm pretty sure they won't kick me out for it though, so here's what you really want to see:

BEFORE


Sorry for the not-so-great photo. We bought this dresser off of a local online classifieds website for $30. And it came with a great big mirror to go on top. Pretty sweet deal, huh? I'd been on the lookout for something cheap that I could fix up (I knew I couldn't afford something that was already nice) because until I finished this project we had our clothes overflowing out of a cheapo K-mart 4-drawer dresser. [We also have a dresser in our closet, in case you were wondering how on earth 2 people fit all of their clothes in 4 drawers.]

Anyway, we bought this beauty in mid-February. Yes, it's been that long. For a few weeks it was taking up half of our living room, then moved into our bedroom (and the old dresser with mostly my clothes still in it moved into the baby's room). We had stacks of drawers wrapped in newspaper in our house forEVER.

Okay, clearly I talk to much. Here's what it looks like now!


AFTER


I just sanded out the big scratches, primed, painted, sealed, and put new hardware on (well my husband did the handles...they didn't quite fit and he was happy to try out is new drill!). And let me tell you, I am LOVING having my clothes back in my room, and not crammed so tightly into those little K-mart drawers. Don't you love it?!

So now go check out everyone else's after photos at the Procrastinator Party! (You might also want to poke around The Inspired Room, it's one of my favorites!)

25 comments:

Teresa May 13, 2009 at 11:23 PM  

Happy Day- the dresser looks fabulous- I'm so in a paint it white mood- =)

Nicole A. May 13, 2009 at 11:49 PM  

Awesome Job! It looks Great! Thanks for sharing!

Chubby Chieque May 14, 2009 at 1:04 AM  

Hey girl! this look much much better from the b4 one.

As am loving white? I adore your after work. Job well done.

Cheers!

Anonymous,  May 14, 2009 at 3:05 AM  

Love the new look! Nice job!

Vee May 14, 2009 at 5:45 AM  

It's beautiful! What a difference some lovely paint makes and I really like the new drawer pulls, too. It makes it all that much more of a bargain, too. Wonderful job!

(Oh, I joined for the afters only, too. I was too much of a procrastinator to get my post ready for the befores.)

Crafty Niche May 14, 2009 at 6:27 AM  

Love the white! What a great transformation!

Becky K. May 14, 2009 at 6:42 AM  

A whole dresser and I couldn't even finish one chair...sigh!

Oh well, I love your project!

Congrats on your new blog.

Tami (Pixeltrash) May 14, 2009 at 7:20 AM  

It looks so much better! I love white furniture!

Kimberly May 14, 2009 at 8:24 AM  

it looks so good...you did a great job!!!

Tiffany May 14, 2009 at 9:20 AM  

Wonderful! It looks so much more modern.

Congrats on the new blog!

Anonymous,  May 14, 2009 at 9:32 AM  

It looks fantastic! I think it's funny that the reason I didn't join the procrastination party was because I didn't start my blog yet! LOL
so of course I didn't even do my project anyway! You give me hope... :o)

Caroline May 14, 2009 at 9:53 AM  

It looks lovely! I'm glad the pulls worked out after all. Where is the headboard picture?

Speaking of procrastinating...I finally managed to finish painting the loft last night. Yeah! Now on to the girls' room!

Michelle May 14, 2009 at 9:53 AM  

That is a great makeover! I'm just now searching out inspiration for redoing some furniture and love what you did with this piece. I'm so nervous to take on such a big project, but know the finished project will be worth it!

Caroline May 14, 2009 at 9:57 AM  

It looks lovely! I'm glad the pulls worked out after all. Where is the headboard picture?

Speaking of procrastinating...I finally managed to finish painting the loft last night. Yeah! Now on to the girls' room!

Anonymous,  May 14, 2009 at 11:01 AM  

It looks amazing now! I love the look of white furniture, so clean. Wonderful job!

Precision Quality Laser May 14, 2009 at 11:20 AM  

WOW! You saw potential in that piece and you brought it to life! I love the transformation...it looks like something you picked from an expensive showroom! You have inspired me to do my dresser now :)

Fresh Poppy Design May 14, 2009 at 11:42 AM  

Looks much better! GOod work...

Nicole May 14, 2009 at 12:10 PM  

ooooh, you are so good at stuff like this. Want to come live with us and fix up our stuff? It looks great.

KarenB May 14, 2009 at 12:53 PM  

That is a HUGE transformation! Very, very nice!

Kim @ Starshine Chic May 14, 2009 at 1:05 PM  

Welcome party crasher!!! Glad you finally joined up. Your new blog looks great & so does the dresser. I need to make a separate blog for my blogging party stuff as well. Right now I am doing it on my extended family blog (which I am in charge of), but I've heard through the grapevine that there are some in my family who are not happy that I'm doing other things than blogging about family matters on our blog. Oh well, another project to add to my list.

Sharon May 14, 2009 at 6:43 PM  

Way to crash a party!! You are a girl after my own heart! Great job on the re-do!

Melissa @ The Inspired Room May 14, 2009 at 8:41 PM  

Well I am glad you got things off to a great start with your blog AND your newly fashionable dresser! You RAWK.

Congrats on the new blog AND the dresser. It looks so much prettier now!

Neabear May 14, 2009 at 9:56 PM  

I'm impressed. You did a great job here. The dresser looks great in its new spot. Hooray!! Your post was fun to read too.

Colleen May 17, 2009 at 5:02 PM  

It looks great! What is your next project? I wish you were here to take staples out of my red chair.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP