Can you tell the difference?

>> Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Or am I the only crazy one? Let's find out! Look at the pictures below and see if you can tell the difference.

Here's what it looks like when my husband loads the dishwasher:


And when I do it:

What? You think both pictures look exactly the same? Well... I know, they do look pretty close, but they ARE different.

Does anyone else like to arrange the silverware by type when they load the dishwasher? I find it makes unloading the silverware so much faster. I guess it just bugs me having to put individual pieces away. This way I can just grab all of one type at once and dump them in the drawer.

Don't get me wrong, though... I L.O.V.E. when my husband does the dishes and I don't have to! {And it's only occasionally that I go behind him and rearrange the silverware!}

I know. I'm nuts. I really wish that this tidbit of OCD carried over to all aspects of cleaning my house. Alas, becoming a crazy cleaning woman is still on my list of things to do. Right after cleaning out my fridge and getting rid of the large quantity of cheerios my child dispersed throughout the car this weekend.

Do you have any crazy cleaning quirks?

7 comments:

alyssa March 31, 2010 at 12:04 PM  

I do the SAME THING with the silverware! And for the same exact reason. I guess we just know how to make it less work and the guys don't really care. haha.

Jessi March 31, 2010 at 12:51 PM  

I can't stand it when my hubby loads the dishwasher. He can only fit in half of what I can get in there! And yes, I like to sort the silverware by type, and have this thing about about all of the kiddie utensils staying together.

Kristi March 31, 2010 at 2:59 PM  

That is so funny. I look at your husband's and think "that man knows how to load a dishwasher!". My hubby does it your way. I hate it. We do through lots of silverware, and when there is a lot of one thing in the same space they tend to rest into each other leaving food bits remaining; especially spoons. So, I mix it up.
Funny how we all like things just how we like it.:)

Anonymous,  March 31, 2010 at 5:32 PM  

I'm doing good if I can get Jason to even LOAD the dishwasher. This was a funny little story.

Serene is my name, not my life! March 31, 2010 at 9:44 PM  

All my dishes HAVE go from biggest to smallest and are color coordinated. If not, I go CRAZY!
I even took a picture once and will someday blog about it too.

Elizabeth April 1, 2010 at 2:07 PM  

Hmmm...good point Kristi! Our little family of 3 doesn't use much silverware I guess...so maybe later on when we've got more mouths to feed I'll have to remember the way you do it to avoid stuck on food! Thanks for the insight!

Jessica G. April 13, 2010 at 8:05 PM  

I totally load by type! My hubs is just happy that they make it into the utensil thingy. And I hate when he loads the steak knives in blade up...seems like I'm always the one to get jabbed.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP