Friday Faves

>> Thursday, September 3, 2009

So, the way I do my "research" for these Friday Faves posts is basically just, well, reading my usual blogs in my Google Reader, and then clicking links that look interesting that I find on those blogs. While I was reading this week I saw a lot of good ideas and such, but not much that stuck out to me as extraordinarily awesome (or {FAM}tastic, if you will)...

BUT

I found one post that I absolutely fell in LOVE with! You know it's a good blog post when, after reading it, you are totally inspired to go out and start a new project! So this week we will be having a themed edition of Friday Faves:

QUIET BOOKS!

I saw these posts from Jamie at Crafting Chicks.


Quiet Books: This one is her intro to the quiet books. At the end she lists some links to blogs where she got the ideas for a lot of her adorable pages! Book 1 and Book 2 are posts about each individual page she made for her quiet books. She made two, because she has twins, I think.
Book 1
Book 2


Yes, that is barn with animal finger puppets! Definitely making this page.

Seriously, I've already started planning out which pages I want to include in the quiet book I will now be making the Bitty boy for Christmas! I guess that means I should kick into high gear where projects are concerned so I can get it done in time!

I looked through the blogs she recommends in that first post, and I thought that this one was an excellent resource. Not only does she show you her pages, but gives instructions on how to make each one!

Go check it all out! I hope you're as inspired as I was!

2 comments:

Madame Coin September 4, 2009 at 7:02 AM  

Quiet books are interesting. You don't want to have too many pieces that come out for the under 3 set, because their favorite part will be ripping everything out and throwing it three rows behind you in church.

I also recommend making it such that the pages are removable, so you can switch things up or just take a few pages to church sometimes.

Autumn September 4, 2009 at 9:40 AM  

Hey Liz, make me one!! I love quiet books but they take forever to make. Ok, maybe I'm just lazy ;)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP