Progress is slow...

>> Wednesday, September 2, 2009

With the encouragement of my sister-in-law, I finally got started hanging the curtains in the living room today. Got started, you ask? Why couldn't I just have done it and be done with it? Yes... if life were easy...

So, we figured out where to hang them, and when I screwed the first screw in, it wouldn't go all the way in. I thought it was just me being wimpy, so I moved on to the next one and would come back to it later. The next screw went in without much problem. I tried again to finish the first one, and I still couldn't get it, so again I moved on.

On to the next window. Again, I cannot get the screw all the way in. Moving on. CAN'T get the next one in all the way either! Seriously? I went back to my third screw and screwed it with all my might, but instead of it going into the wall, it just began showering drywall dust. Hmmmm... Not sure what to do about that. I'll have my husband use his muscles and see if he can make it work. Or borrow the extender thing from my brother's drill (since I wasn't able to use our drill because of the shape of the bracket I was screwing in).

Anywho, here's what we've got so far:


The window on the right is the first side I did.

Above is that pesky first screw. See how the whole bracket is hanging off the wall? That's why that side is so crooked.

I haven't put the finials on yet, because I had to give them a little coat of black spray paint.


And here's the dining room's sliding door. I bought the curtains and we hung them a couple of weeks ago... Notice they weren't quite as big as I thought they would be...I'll be fixing that. Also, that board on the side there will be the cornice board to cover up the top of the vertical blinds! It's been sitting like that in my house for a week. I'll try to get it done by this weekend. Hopefully.

I still haven't painted the dining room table yet either. But I got an awesome surprise in my inbox today! My friend Ali Mae at Alt-erior Design sent me a little preview of what the different paint options would look like! Sa-weet! Look for a post about that soon!

1 comments:

Caroline September 3, 2009 at 7:27 AM  

You can do it! starting is the hardest part.

Where are your candles on the mantle?

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP