Still finding a balance...

>> Monday, September 14, 2009

Last week I was good and wrote a blog post everyday as well as getting some projects done and other projects started. Awesome, right? It would be if I had done the other important things I should be doing in my life, like my church responsibilities, etc.

I've been realizing lately that I don't really feel like much of an adult. This hasn't been much of a problem in the past, but ya know... while I am young, I just keep getting older, and I don't want to be one of those really immature 25-, 30-, or 40-year-olds. I just don't.

So my goal is to be more of an adult, and what this translates to for me is being more responsible. I wouldn't say I'm irresponsible, but I let myself off the hook for not doing things I should too often by using excuses.... I had to get those projects done, I really wanted to get that blog post done today, or even something as lame as I hate calling people I don't know!

I'm going to try to start being better about focusing on the important things and doing what I'm supposed to do when I'm supposed to do it, dang it!

I'm writing this to say sorry if my posting is a little sporadic. I'm busy trying to buck up and be an adult!

4 comments:

Autumn September 14, 2009 at 4:48 PM  

I'm still trying to do that... and I'm WAY older than you! Good luck :)

Elizabeth September 14, 2009 at 6:41 PM  

Thanks Autumn, that makes me feel better. And I don't think you're WAY older than me! Like 3 years maybe?

Alyssa September 15, 2009 at 3:43 PM  

I am the exact same way! I am in no hurry to grow up, but at the same time I do need to be more responsible. I also HATE calling people I don't know... and sometimes people that I do know!

Madame Coin September 18, 2009 at 10:30 AM  

I know what you mean! Especially with kids, I feel like I'm still a kid myself some days.

What helps me is two things: I "eat the frog", meaning I do the thing I'm dreading the most first thing. And I try to have to-do lists where I star 2 or 3 most important things that HAVE to get done that day.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP