Birthday whatnots

>> Wednesday, September 30, 2009

We had a big weekend. Bitty's first birthday was on Saturday and we had a big little family party. Then my husband's birthday was Sunday.

Just look at this adorable kid. I think he had a great time!

We celebrated with lions...


tigers...


and monkeys...
Oh my! So, for Christmas last year my brother-in-law gave me the book Hello Cupcake! It's a good one. I had been planning on making cupcakes for Bitty's birthday for a while, and was just going back and forth on which ones to make...when, as my luck would have it, my book disappeared off of the face of the earth. Yeahhhh....

So luckily I was able to find a picture of the monkeys online. The lions I tried to remember as well as I could, and the tigers were something I just made up (hmmm...can ya tell?!). My mom was in town for the birthday party and she helped with the cupcakes, since I was running out of time to get everything done before the party started. Thanks mom!

The other big project I had been planning on before the birthday weekend (my husband's birthday was Sunday) was a homemade birthday banner.

I LOVE birthdays, and growing up we always had one of those paper Happy Birthday signs as well as some plastic pennant birthday banners that we would decorate the house with on everyone's birthdays. And at some point a few months ago I just got it in my mind that I was going to make a birthday banner out of fabric. I had see cute fabric banners all over the blogging world and thought this would be the perfect idea!

I finished it around 11pm on Friday, just in time for the big weekend! I LOVE how it turned out! I should have taken more pictures to post, but for now here's what it looked like:


Do you love it as much as I do??? I would really love to hear what you think about it... I've been toying with the idea of opening an Etsy shop for a while, but I can't decide if it would be worth the trouble... But this ended up so dang cute that I thought maybe someone would want to buy one if I sold them, right? I'll take some close-ups later and post them so you can see just how cute it really is!

DIY Day @ ASPTL

7 comments:

sarah October 6, 2009 at 12:53 PM  

lOve the banner and the yummy looking cupcakes! so cute!

Alyssa October 6, 2009 at 3:25 PM  

the picture of the baby is just to DIE for! I love the cupcakes too...

Alyssa
lifeoflyssie.com

Leanne October 6, 2009 at 7:22 PM  

I love the banner and the cupcakes are sooooo cute. Great job!

Mandy October 6, 2009 at 7:31 PM  

Cute stuff! Especially that baby! Happy Birthday :)

k October 8, 2009 at 1:40 PM  

i'd buy a banner from you.

Unknown October 11, 2009 at 7:31 PM  

That is one messy baby. I love those cupcakes!

Unknown February 4, 2010 at 7:31 AM  

Ok, I'm glad that you posted this! (i found your blog through your email)I have been wanting a banner for soooooo long! I was going to buy one from etsy, but i didn't see anything that jumped out at me but this is sooo cute! I rather buy it from you!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP